Picture
 

Dana White Responds to Alistair Overeem’s Flunked Drug Test

Written by Tom Ngo
April 4th, 2012
Share on Facebook4Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter

UFC Dana White

Thirty minutes prior to the Nevada State Athletic Commission alerting the mixed martial arts world that Alistair Overeem had failed his pre-fight drug test, Dana White (Pictured) was notified of the disappointing news. As expected, the UFC president was none too pleased with the results from last week’s pop quiz.

“I am beyond pissed about this,” White said during Wednesday’s previously scheduled conference call with the Canadian media (Courtesy of TheStarPhoenix). “I’m so [expletive] mad right now I can’t even begin …

“It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute [expletive] dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever.”

Although Overeem’s physique had become noticeably inflated over the years – which promoted many in the MMA community to wonder if his increased girth was gained naturally, or by the consumption of horse meat as he claimed – the 31-year-old had never failed a drug test until today. When the former Strikeforce champ signed a multi-fight contract to join the UFC in September 2011, “The Demolition Man” promised White and UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta he was clean and would pass all drug exams that would cross his path.

“The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us,” White stated. “How [expletive] stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using [performance-enhancing drugs] right now is an absolute [expletive] moron.”

Overeem earned first dibs at heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos’ title after posting a 1stRound TKO victory over Brock Lesnar in his big league debut. While they are set to collide at UFC 146, it’s clear Overeem will have difficulties gaining a fight license from the NSAC given today’s news.

When asked who will now stand opposite dos Santos on May 26th at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Nevada, White claimed to be as clueless as someone who would fail a drug screening.

“I don’t have a Plan-B,” White shared.

In regards to Overeem’s future inside the Octagon, White said he’ll wait for more details to emerge from the NSAC and to hear Overeem’s side of the story. However, he’s going to allow Fertitta to chat with Overeem since he’s far too heated at the moment.

“It doesn’t look good, does it?” White rhetorically asked. “It doesn’t look good.”

Don’t forget to follow @5thRound on Twitter, Facebook and Google+!



COMMENTS