Conor McGregor (pictured) is MMA’s best off the cuff smack talker, but the UFC’s featherweight champion decided to flaunt his writing skills on Facebook Friday where he addressed a variety of topics, including Floyd Mayweather’s recent comments regarding racism in sports.
Earlier this week, Mayweather said McGregor gets a free pass to talk trash because he’s white, while Mayweather comes under attack for doing the same thing because he’s black.
“And what’s so crazy, I don’t really know the McGregor guy; never seen him fight,” Mayweather told Fight Hype. “I heard his name actually from one of the runners that works for our company … he told me about the guy McGregor. They say he talk a lot of trash and people praise him for it, but when I did it, they say I’m cocky and arrogant. So biased! Like I said before, all I’m saying is this, I ain’t racist at all, but I’m telling you racism still exists.”
As expected, McGregor was none too pleased with Mayweather bringing him into the mix (Please see #4 below).
McGregor also addresses the heat he’s taking for a picture he took in his car while holding an assault rifle that looks very real. McGregor claims it is simply an Airsoft gun, but apologized for the ruckus it has caused.
And about the rumor McGregor will challenge UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 197, while he didn’t mention dos Anjos by name, “Notorious” is confident he’ll walk away with a win.
Here’s McGregor’s entire post from his verified Facebook account:
1. Rolling Stone, thank you for putting me as one of your top 25 sex symbols of 2015! My Mother will be delighted and proud!
2. ESPN, FOX, BT Sports, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, MMA Junkie and Sherdog thank you all for awarding me fighter of the year 2015!
I appreciate all the hardworking media and their love and commitment to the sport is truly valued.
3. Fighters Only MMA Awards, thank you for the nominations for Fighter of the Year, KO of the Year, International Fighter of the year.
I will be in Las Vegas to attend the event and collect all my awards.
4. Floyd Mayweather, don’t ever bring race into my success again. I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood.
In my family’s long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name ‘McGregor’ was punishable by death.
Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again.
If you want we can organise a fight no problem.
I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.
At 27 years of age I now hold the key to this game.
The game answers to me now.
5. Media instigators/An Garda Siochana.
I apologise for having the air-soft in public. I was simply rehearsing for a potential upcoming film role.
I understand that the more traffic a story can get the more revenue it generates. So I understand and respect that the media must create these stories and these situations even if at times it is at other people’s expense.
We’ve all got to eat. And I eat well.
So I will not complain.
6. My next fight.
What can I say, it’s just another night of easy work for me.
I don’t just own the game. I run it too.