On just a little more than 24-hour’s notice, Mike Pyle will step in to replace Chris Wilson in a welterweight fight against Brock Larson tomorrow at UFC 98. The organization proactively signed Pyle earlier this week in case Wilson was pulled from the card.
Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer confirmed with Sherdog.com on Friday morning that Wilson and his doctor failed to submit all the necessary medical paperwork to make the fight.
Kizer said the Commission’s physician has been trying to contact Wilson’s California-based doctor over the past two weeks to obtain greater verification on some documents previously submitted, however messages left for his Doc and his assistant went unanswered.
“There was no negative finding on Chris at all,” Kizer told the site. “We were only requesting more detailed medical information.”
Kizer said it was a “done deal” that Pyle will be fighting tomorrow inside the MGM Grand Garden Hotel, and that the UFC has been notified.
Pyle is an MMA veteran that has yet to fight inside of an Octagon. The Xtreme Couture trained fighter will be riding a four-fight winning streak into this bout against Larson.
(Tell us what you think about 5thRound.com by emailing us Here or posting in our Forums)