The polls will be closing TODAY for Fighters Only’s 3rd annual World Mixed Martial Arts Awards. The finalists were announced in early October, however it’s not too late to make sure your voices are heard by casting your votes at www.worldmmaawards.com.
A fancy black-tie reception will be held at The Pearl inside the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 1st to announce this year’s winners. UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture and Versus hottie Molly Qerim hosts the star-studded event, which debuts December 9th on Versus.
The ceremony was devised to celebrate the special successes and achievements made within the MMA industry. It provides fanatics across the globe the chance to vote on which athletes, brands, and industry professionals have made the greatest impact on the sport over the last 12 months.
Voting takes place across 19 different categories including Fighter of the Year, Knockout of the Year, and Best Lifestyle Apparel.
If you would like to attend the shindig, The Palms is offering up some sweet packages for all MMA fans to enjoy. Please click here for details.
Here are the lucky few that took home trophies from last year’s event:
* Special Lifetime Achievement Award: Charles “Mask” Lewis Jr., TapouT
* Fighter of the Year: Georges St-Pierre
* Female Fighter of the Year: Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos
* European Fighter of the Year: Gegard Mousasi
* Breakthrough Fighter of the Year: Brock Lesnar
* Fight of the Year: Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida (The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale)
* KO of the Year: Dan Henderson (vs. Michael Bisping at UFC 100)
* Submission of the Year: Toby Imada (vs. Jorge Masvidal at Bellator 5)
* Best Promotion: UFC
* Leading Man of the Year: Dana White, UFC president
* Best MMA Brand: TapouT
* Coach of the Year: Greg Jackson
* Gym of the Year: Greg Jackson’s Submission Fighting
* Ring Girl of the Year: Arianny Celeste, UFC
* Best Media Source: MMAjunkie.com
* Best MMA Journalist: John Morgan, MMAjunkie.com/”Dallas Morning News”
* Best Overall MMA Clothing Manufacturer: TapouT
* Best MMA Shorts Manufacturer: TapouT