Christmas is nearly upon us, yet there are a pair of UFC middleweights that just can’t seem to get in the Holiday spirit. Yesterday, Wanderlei Silva claimed he “killed” Chael Sonnen the only time they practiced together at Xtreme Couture.
As most parents were up late last night wrapping Saturday’s gifts, while visions of sugar-plums danced in their children’s heads, Sonnen went on a Twitter tirade directed squarely at Silva. The witty wordsman touched on everything from cosmetic surgery to BBQing primates:
– “You killed who? I was taking it easy on you. Ya looked like Tammy Faye Baker. I went easy so that new face of yours wouldn’t fall off.
– More guys have worked on your face than it took to build the Pyramids. You look like Lisa Rinna w/a Leprechaun beard, you fool.
– You are a walking punchline. Go fight what’s left of Sakuraba in an alley behind a sushi place in Tokyo for 10 Yen apiece.
– If it wasn’t for me, you would be thrashing around the jungle w/a blowgun trying’ to catch breakfast.
– So a word to the UNWISE. DON’T TALK ABOUT ME. You don’t have the words, I DO. You just got burried. Now run along or I’ll do worse tomorrow.
– Wanna talk some more about killing me in the gym, y’idiot?
– You’re lucky your brother Joe’s the matchmaker or you’d be sellin’ barbecued monkey on the street in Manaus.”
Sonnen had previously denied the Twitter account was his. However, in his only one-on-one interview regarding his failed UFC 117 drug test, the one-time political hopeful was donning a GreenLightDaily.com T-shirt.
What was Sonnen’s last tweet prior to blasting “The Axe Murderer” early this morning?
“Submit your e-mail at greenlightdaily.com to be entered in contest to be my corneman. Not you Wand, if requires an ability to type,” he posted December 15th.
FYI – Sonnen just had his steroid suspension reduced to six-months, making him eligible to return on March 22nd, 2011. Silva has been on the mend from a July knee surgery and is aiming to comeback around the same time.
And to think, this entire beef started on an innocent shuttle ride.