According to MMAjunkie, the entire “UFC Fight for the Troops 2” roster has been issued medial suspensions. However, only five athletes will be forced to ride the pine for longer than the mandatory eight-10 day precautionary period.
Unfortunately for Matt Mitrione and Willamy Freire, they have been sentenced to indefinite bans until they can be cleared by physicians.
Mitrione needs the second metacarpal in his left hand examined before he can get back inside the Octagon. The heavyweight acknowledged busting his mit immediately following his 1stRound TKO victory over Tim Hague.
Freire, on the other hand, needs an orthopedic doctor to clear his right hand and a maxillofacial surgeon to check his right cheek before returning to action.
Although Freire was a slight favorite to discard of Waylon Lowe, his challenger used his superior wrestling to cruise to a unanimous decision victory.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation sanctioned Saturday’s show at Fort Hood in Kileen, Texas. Unfortunately, the commission does not release the fighters’ salaries.
Here are the contestants that will be forced to sit the sidelines for longer than the precautionary period:
• Evan Dunham: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
• Matt Mitrione: Suspended indefinitely due to injured second metacarpal in left hand; must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor
• Tim Hague: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
• George Roop: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
• Willamy Freire: Suspended indefinitely due to right-hand and right-cheek injuries; must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor and maxillofacial surgeon