Travis Lutter posted a blog on his MySpace page about being released from his UFC contract earlier today. In the post Lutter had said, “I had been released from my UFC contract because of my 2 losses in a row.”
Lutter has had an up-and-down time with the UFC but was given a golden opportunity when Dana White and the UFC came knocking at his door to be on “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series.
From there Lutter went on to dominate his Middleweight competition and defeating current UFC Middleweight contender Patrick Cote at the show’s finale. Unfortunately with consecutive losses to Anderson Silva and most recently to Rich Franklin at UFC 83, the UFC has decided to pull the plug.
Here’s what Lutter’s MySpace Blog said:
Friday afternoon I was told by my manager that UFC matchmaker Joe Silza had left my him a message on his phone that I had been released from my UFC contract because of my 2 losses in a row.