Picture
 

Dana White: Anderson Silva NOT in Consideration for UFC on FOX, But…

Written by Tom Ngo
August 25th, 2011
Share on Facebook0Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter

UFC President Dana White

Contrary to TATAME.com’s top secret sources, UFC president Dana White claims middleweight king Anderson Silva is not in the running to headline the company’s first show on FOX.

“That’s not true,” White told MMAFighting following Thursday’s press conference. “I was cruising around on the Internet and saw that, it’s not true.”

Even if “The Spider” were to uphold his 5-to-1 favorite status and make quick work of Yushin Okami at UFC 134, MMA’s ultimate shot caller professed it’s completely out of the question.

“If he goes out and wins in 13 seconds, he’s not considered for the FOX show. No,” White reiterated.

Oddly, when asked who might star in the UFC’s first primetime television extravaganza, White insisted on waiting until after Saturday’s pay-per-view broadcast in Brazil to finalize things. His response might lead some to believe Silva could still be a possibility.

“I’m working on it right now,” White said of FOX’s featured attraction. “You know me, I have to get the deal done and I have to know that both guys are gonna accept the fight. Saying that, even though I say that [Silva] won’t fight on the FOX card, I’m watching what happens this weekend before I decide who’s gonna fight on FOX.”

On Wednesday, TATAME suggested a victorious and unscathed Silva would make a quick turnaround to rematch Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson on November 12th. Hendo became the sport’s hottest free agent after putting Fedor Emelianenko to sleep last month.

Silva submitted Henderson in the 2ndRound with a rear-naked choke at UFC 82 in March of 2008.

Don’t forget to follow @5thRound on Twitter, Facebook and Google+!



COMMENTS