Picture
 

Dana White: Brock Lesnar is NOT Retiring

Written by Tom Ngo
September 2nd, 2011
Share on Facebook0Google+1Tweet about this on Twitter

UFC Heavyweight Brock Lesnar WWE

On Thursday, the rumor mill was buzzing that former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (Pictured) was under doctor’s orders to retire from the sport of mixed martial arts. During Friday’s conference call, UFC president Dana White quickly killed that chatter.

“That’s ridiculous,” White emphatically stated. “It’s so far from the truth it’s not even funny. The guy’s been working up on a farm in Canada all summer.

“He’s 100 percent.”

After serving as coach on “The Ultimate Fighter 13,” Lesnar was scheduled to headline UFC 131 opposite Junior dos Santos this past June. Unfortunately for the controversial 265-pounder, his case of diverticulitis returned and he was forced to withdraw from the top contender contest at the 11th hour.

Last month, Lesnar released a video announcing his return to MMA after undergoing a life-changing operation.

“Recently, I went under the knife and had surgery for my diverticulitis,” the 34-year-old said. “I feel like a new man. I feel great, healthy, strong. I feel like I used to feel.

“I want to become the UFC heavyweight champion again and I believe I will do that.”

The former WWE superstar didn’t pinpoint a specific return date, but today White said his biggest pay-per-view draw is set to resume training in a “couple of weeks.” That would keep Lesnar on par with the early 2012 comeback that’s been previously reported.

Don’t forget to follow @5thRound on Twitter, Facebook and Google+!



COMMENTS